Sprott Silver Equities Class
Exclusive investing in silver equities and bullion
Senior Portfolio Manager
Senior Portfolio Manager
Maria joined Sprott Asset Management in May 2005. Maria is a portfolio manager with more than 15 years of experience in the financial services industry. She has been part of the Sprott precious metals team since 2007 and has been a portfolio manager on the Sprott Silver Equities Class since its inception in 2012. Maria began her career at Excel Funds Management as Operations Manager, and subsequently worked in Product Development at Fidelity Investments. Maria graduated with distinction from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Commerce degree and has been a CFA charterholder since 2002. She graduated as a Bregman Scholar from the University of Toronto's MBA program in 2005.
|Issue Price||$10.00 per Unit|
|Distributions||Ordinary Dividends Paid in December; Capital Gains Dividends Paid in February; Distributions are Reinvested Automatically|
SPR 421 - FE (A)
|Nature of Securities||Shares of a Class of a Mutual Fund Corporation|
|Type of Fund||Precious Metals Fund|
|Minimum Initial Investment||$1000 CAD|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$25 CAD|
|Minimum Investment Term||20 Days (1.5% Penalty)|
|Management Fee||Up to 2.5% (Series A) Up to 1.5% (Series F)|
|Performance Fee||10% of Excess over the MSCI ACWI Select Silver Miners Investable Market Index|
|Eligible for Registered Plans||Yes|
|Investor Risk Tolerance||High|
Fund ObjectiveThe investment objective of the Fund is to seek to achieve long-term capital growth by investing primarily in equity securities of companies that are directly or indirectly involved in the exploration, mining, production or distribution of silver. The Fund can also invest in silver and silver certificates.
- Fund Snapshot
- Fund Commentary
- Fund Codes
- Regulatory Documents
- Sprott Precious Metals Solutions Brochure
- Factors that Favour Silver
- Fund Manager Rides the Precious-Metals Roller Coaster
"ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD (October 2001) was written when gold was still considered a relic in financial circles. We believe silver will be this decade's gold."- Eric Sprott, Markets at a Glance, All That Glitters is Silver, November 2010.
"We believe the investment demand for silver is multiple times higher than that published… the case for physical silver is simply outstanding."
- Eric Sprott, Markets at a Glance, The Silver Lining, June 2010.
Why we believe silver's fundamentals are better than ever:
- Used throughout history as a store of monetary value, silver enjoys growing investment demand due to the debasement of all fiat currencies;
- Currently, the silver-to-gold price ratio is 50:1; however, we foresee a reversion to the historical average of 16:1;
- Silver's value lies in its ability to preserve wealth in environments marked by negative real interest rates, government intervention, severe economic uncertainty and vulnerable banking institutions;
- Silver's unique physical properties, such as its excellent electrical conductivity and proven effectiveness as an antiseptic and disinfectant, add to its increasing demand in industrial, electronics and medical applications;
- World mine supply has grown only moderately over the last decade, lagging the growth in demand;
- China used to be a large supplier of silver to the rest of the world, but is now a net importer of the metal.
Why Invest in Sprott Silver Equities Class?
- Silver equities provide leverage to increasing silver bullion prices in two ways: i) by increasing producers' profit margins; and ii) by incenting exploration upside;
- We consider silver equities to be growth stocks in an environment where few other sectors are growing earnings;
- The Class provides an ideal complement to bullion for investors interested in silver; exposure to both equities and bullion can provide better risk-adjusted returns over the long-term;
- Share Sprott's vast access to investment opportunities, enabled by our relationships with hundreds of precious metals companies, and our location in Toronto, the mining financing capital of the world;
- Rely on Sprott's depth of experience: Sprott has been an active investor in precious metals equities from as early as 2000;
- As part of Sprott Corporate Class Inc., it offers the flexibility of switching to other share classes on a tax-deferred basis.
The indicated rates of return for series A/class A securities of the Funds are based on the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit/share value and reinvestment of all distributions or dividends and does not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. Investment funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. This communication does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation to purchase securities of the Funds.