Associate - Equity Capital Markets
Position Title: Associate, Equity Capital Markets
Employer: Sprott Capital Partners LP
Sprott Capital Partners LP (“SCP”), a division of Sprott Inc. (“Sprott”), was formed in 2017 to provide a comprehensive suite of capital raising and advisory solutions to natural resources companies. In a short period of time, SCP has become a trusted partner to corporate and institutional clients by leading and completing a number of financings and M&A advisory mandates. Leveraging its deep sector expertise, longstanding relationships and best-in-class execution capabilities, SCP is uniquely positioned to deliver successful financial and strategic outcomes to its clients.
Sprott is based in Toronto and has offices in New York, California, Connecticut, London and Vancouver. Sprott today serves over 200,000 global clients and, as of March 30, 2022, has approximately $23.7billion in assets under management. Sprott’s common shares (SII) are listed on the NYSE and TSX.
Sprott is looking for a highly motivated full-time Associate, Equity Capital Markets to join its team in its Toronto office. This position will report to the Chief Operating and Compliance Officer and key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with issuers/counsel and the back office to settle retail client participation in non-brokered private placements;
- Coordinate with other broker-dealers Sprott retail client participation;
- Manage flow of subscription agreements, produce control documents and oversee the settlement of trades in syndicate offerings;
- Contract trades in back office system;
- Reconcile retail commissions and cash in deal account;
- Maintain master deal/account lists;
- Review broker statements; and
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
Requirements for this role include:
- BComm in Finance or similar field;
- 1 – 5 years of related experience with an IIROC member firm;
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Back office experience with NBIN an asset;
- Team player who can also work independently
- Ability to work under high pressure with competing priorities and tight deadlines;
- Adaptable and flexible with hours; and
- Following Health Canada's guidance and other applicable provincial public health guidance, to prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Sprott requires that all employees who work in its Canadian and U.S. offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless they are exempt from vaccination for a legally-protected reason.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com with the position title (Associate, Equity Capital Markets) in the subject line. Sprott welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if we can provide accommodations to support your participation in Sprott’s recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates as determined by Sprott will be contacted. Sprott does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.