Associate - Institutional Sales
Position Title: Associate, Institutional Sales
Employer: Sprott Capital Partners LP
Sprott Capital Partners LP (“SCP”), a division of Sprott Inc. (“Sprott”), was formed in 2017 to provide a comprehensive suite of capital raising and advisory solutions to natural resources companies. In a short period of time, SCP has become a trusted partner to corporate and institutional clients by leading and completing a number of financings and M&A advisory mandates. Leveraging its deep sector expertise, longstanding relationships and best-in-class execution capabilities, SCP is uniquely positioned to deliver successful financial and strategic outcomes to its clients.
Sprott is based in Toronto and has offices in New York, California, Connecticut, London and Vancouver. Sprott today serves over 200,000 global clients and, as of December 31, 2021, has approximately $20.4 billion in assets under management. Sprott’s common shares (SII) are listed on the NYSE and TSX.
Sprott Capital Partners is looking for a highly motivated full-time Associate, Institutional Sales to join its team in Toronto. This position will support the Institutional Sales team. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop and present investment ideas to institutional and high net worth investors with the support of a leading research team;
- Foster and develop relationships with institutional investors;
- Manage the roadshow process, including in person and conference call meetings with corporate clients;
- Assist in the preparation of mining sales notes;
- Construct and maintain databases, comp tables and financial models; and
- Assist with ad hoc projects as required.
Sprott Capital Partners provides candidates with an entrepreneurial and collaborative atmosphere; candidates will be hands on with clients and be given opportunity to grow within the group and advance their corporate career.
- Undergraduate degree in finance / business / economics / engineering;
- Completion of the CSC and CPH and licensing with IIROC an asset;
- 1-3 years of equity experience;
- A strong understanding of the mining space is an asset;
- A comprehensive understanding of institutional, high net worth and/or family office relationships;
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship management skills; and
- Following Health Canada's guidance and other applicable provincial public health guidance, to prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Sprott requires that all employees who work in its Canadian and U.S. offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless they are exempt from vaccination for a legally-protected reason.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com with the position title (Associate, Institutional Sales) in the subject line. Sprott welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if we can provide disability-related accommodations to support your participation in Sprott’s recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates as determined by Sprott will be contacted. Sprott does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.