Information Technology & Facilities Specialist Careers
|Position Title||Information Technology & Facilities Specialist|
|Employer||Sprott Global Resource Investments Ltd.|
Sprott Global Resource Investments Ltd. (“Sprott Global”), a division of Sprott Inc. (“Sprott”), is a full service U.S. brokerage firm providing personalized brokerage services to investors in the natural resource sector. Sprott Global is headquartered in Carlsbad, California and is regulated by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. Sprott is based in Toronto and has offices in New York, California, Connecticut, London and Vancouver. Sprott today serves over 200,000 global clients and, as of June 30, 2022, has approximately US$21.9 billion in assets under management. Sprott’s common shares (SII) are listed on the NYSE and TSX.
Sprott is looking for a highly motivated full-time Information Technology & Facilities Specialist to join its team in its Carlsbad, California office. This position is part of the Information Technology (IT) team, which plays a key role in supporting the business needs of Sprott through technology solutions and support of investment systems and processes. The candidate should have an aptitude for business technology and be comfortable and effective in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
The purpose of this role is to help maintain, repair and upgrade various network and end-user computer systems and will work with Sprott IT staff to provide technical and desktop support to local and remote users across the company’s enterprise infrastructure. Desktop and IT support will focus on the Carlsbad, CA office. This role will also be responsible for end-user experience while using and interacting with our various systems.
This position will report to the Director of IT and be responsible for:
- Maintaining, patching, and life cycle management of all laptops and desktops.
- Building and deploying new machines.
- Maintaining quick response times to various issues reported by end-users and vendors.
- Troubleshooting end user issues as they arise.
- Creating and maintaining disk images for deployment of desktops and laptops.
- Maintaining inventory of desktops, laptops, phones, consumables and other peripherals.
- Assisting Sprott IT with troubleshooting network level and back-end systems when needed.
- Basic IT project planning and supporting implementation with other members of the IT team including upgrades, patches and installation of new applications and equipment when required.
- General infrastructure and facilities duties.
- Managing IT and office infrastructure priorities and expectations for the Carlsbad office.
- 1+ years previous Information Technology experience in the financial services industry
- University education, preferably with an IT focused degree
- Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, File & Print servers, SQL databases
- Experience with virtual infrastructure like Nutanix and/or VMWare, Mitel or RingCentral and MS365 and Azure
All candidates who receive an offer of employment from Sprott will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless they have been approved for an accommodation or they will work in a state that does not permit vaccination requirements.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title (Information Technology & Facilities Specialist) in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates as determined by Sprott will be contacted. Sprott does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.
Sprott welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if we can provide accommodations to support your participation in Sprott’s recruitment process.
Sprott Global Resource Investments Ltd. and Sprott Asset Management USA, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers.