Licensed Sales Associate
Employer: Sprott Capital Partners LP
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Sprott Capital Partners LP (“SCP”), a division of Sprott Inc. (“Sprott”), was formed in 2017 to provide a comprehensive suite of capital raising and advisory solutions to natural resources companies. In a short period of time, SCP has become a trusted partner to corporate and institutional clients by leading and completing a number of financings and M&A advisory mandates. Leveraging its deep sector expertise, longstanding relationships and best-in-class execution capabilities, SCP is uniquely positioned to deliver successful financial and strategic outcomes to its clients.
Sprott is based in Toronto and has offices in New York, California, Connecticut, London and Vancouver. Sprott today serves over 200,000 global clients and, as of September 30, 2021, has approximately $19 billion in assets under management. Sprott’s common shares (SII) are listed on the NYSE and TSX.
SCP is looking for a highly motivated full-time Licensed Sales Associate to join its team in Toronto. This position will report to the Chief Compliance & Operations Officer. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Working directly with a Portfolio Manager and Investment Advisor where the focus is on building the wealth management business.
- Providing quotes and executing client trading orders.
- Preparing, processing and following-up on all client documentation to ensure proper maintenance of accounts.
- Managing all client transfers.
- Coordinating with compliance, operations and equity capital markets on all related matters.
- Administering an effective CRM system.
- Assisting with various marketing initiatives.
- Performing additional administrative duties as assigned.
SCP provides candidates with an entrepreneurial and collaborative atmosphere; candidates will be hands on with clients and be given opportunity to grow within the group and advance their corporate career.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Completion of the CSC and CPH and licensing with IIROC required;
- Diploma in business administration, finance or similar field;
- 3-5 years of related experience, with knowledge of the securities industry;
- Knowledge of private placements an asset;
- Ability to work independently and effectively when client facing;
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Good communication and presentation skills; and
- Following Health Canada's guidance and other applicable provincial public health guidance, to prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Sprott requires that all employees who work in its Canadian and U.S. offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless they are exempt from vaccination for a legally-protected reason.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com with the position title (Licensed Sales Associate) in the subject line. Sprott welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if we can provide accommodations to support your participation in Sprott’s recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates as determined by Sprott will be contacted. Sprott does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.